Okara Pasta Sauce

Tuesday, August 08, 2017




Since I have been experimenting with making my own tofu (read more about that here) I have been left with bunch of okara (which is the by product in the making of tofu) that I don't feel great about throwing away. so I have been playing around with different ways to use it. Okara is very dry  by having all the soy milk squeezed out of it. So I have been searching for more hydrating ways of cooking with it, Hence Pasta Sauce! 
I found that Okara soaks up any flavors you cook with it, and creates a appealing creaminess when you add liquid to it. 

I started off with sautéed onions and garlic added two cups of Okara and enough water to make it creamy. I added Zucchini for crunchiness and seasoning and let it cook. 
I had to keep adding little bits of water to keep it at the consistency I wanted. when it tasted good to me I mixed in my pasta and served! 

I think it came out great! I love creamy pasta and the Okara lended it self so well to becoming a sauce and was quite filling by being a bean product. 

Whatv do you think? Ever cook with Okara? what are your favorite okara recipes?

For Lunch
Pasta with Okara, Onion, Garlic Sauce
(Learn how to make Tofu and Okara here)
-
Blanched Kale with Lemon 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Slider