Cooking with Fresh Tofu

Thursday, July 27, 2017

I have a weakness for all things tofu. I grew up eating bean curd in all shapes and forms and can tell you that when prepared the right way, tofu can be a feast for the eyes and the stomach. From silken to firm, chilled to deep fried, I can eat tofu all day long!

Tofu, or bean curd, is a food derived from soy beans. (watch my video on how to make Tofu here) It is made by curdling soy milk with a coagulant and pressing the curds into soft white blocks. There are different levels of firmness: silken, which is the softest, medium firm and firm tofu. On its own, tofu can be pretty bland which is why it has a reputation for being a boring food. It is naturally gluten-free and low in calories. It has high nutritional values and the health benefits of tofu are countless. Fresh tofu is a whole different thing to store bought tofu (like most things) 

I have been so excited making my own tofu at home lately with my brand new Tofu press made by my good friend Aaron. it has inspired to make Tofu more often get better doing it.

Cooking with Fresh Tofu right out of the press I like to keep it really simple and let the Tofu shine. adding it at the end of vegetable sauté or just having it plain with a shoyu ginger sauce.






For Lunch
Brown Rice with Umeboshi Plum 
-
Garlic Sautéed Broccoli 
-
Fresh Tofu
 with Shoyu, Ginger, Scaillion Sauce


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Slider