How I have been making Kimchi!

Monday, November 20, 2017

 I love all kinds of pickles! They taste delicious. And make digesting heaver foods such as whole grains much easier. 
I also love trying new things know almost nothing about! 
for the last couple of months I have been trying my hand at making all kind of fermented foods. It is a big help that fermented foods are so trendy right now and there is information everywhere on fermenting foods in so many different ways. 

Kimchi has been my recent self challenge. I could eat it all day so I love having it around, and I am super cheap so I am always that person in the store that says "phttt.. I could make that" even though a lot of the times it goes horribly wrong the first couple of tries, but if I am determined enough something pretty good can come out at the end.

I have made a couple of different batches of kimchi so far that I am pretty happy with. 
It might not be traditional Kimchi what I am making but it is pretty delicious.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:Recipe: (sort of)

I start off cleaning and chopping my Napa Cabbage in large chunks
-
Then adding a lot of Sea Salt I lightly massage the Napa Cabbage until it has shrunk to halve it's original size 
Then put a plate with a weight on top of the cabbage and let sit 
-
while my Cabbage is pressing I chop the rest of my vegetables (at least one root vegetable and one green vegetable) such as Daikon with Daikon Greens, Carrots, and Scallions. I also added a bit of Apple for sweetness to help the fermentation along. 
-
I then start making my sauce. I haven't made the same kimchi sauce twice yet. Partly cause I never really have the same ingredients around. Partly I like to try new things.
I do like to use Garlic, Ginger, Chilli Pepper Powder, a bit of Rice porridge, Shoyu and Salt.
I I have it I will add some syrup sweetener.
-
then I mix all the ingredients together and pack it into some jars and leave it on top my refrigerator for at least 48 hours until I start eating it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~`








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Slider