Lunch Box on the Go!

Sunday, February 04, 2018

Lunch on the go! 
The last couple of months I have been trying to get better at bringing a lunch box with me when I am on the go. When I am busy I don't have hours to spend making a whole meal from scratch, so for me putting a lunch box together has gotten a lot easier when I pay more attention to having conscience leftovers in the fridge. 
If I am going to make beans, I make a whole bunch to have to save for other meals. Same goes with most protein products. Tofu and tempeh stay good longer if you cook them and boil them down in a shoyu broth anyway (the salt helps keep them) 
I also like to do the same with grain sometimes. Cook a big pot of brown rice, or have some noodles already cooked can make everything easier and save time when I do need to put together something real quick. All I have to do to to add some freshness is blanch some veggies, and I might heat up my grain, and put it all together!


For Lunch
Fried Leftover Brown Rice Pasta 
with diced Onion, Carrot, Corn, Cabbage.
-
Tempeh
 pan fried and cooked down in a Shoyu Kombu Dashi
-
Blanched Kale, Carrots, Daikon.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Slider